Date Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 4:13
Napoli winger Dries Mertens said it was too early to "rule out anything" about his future amid rumors of linking him to a move to Manchester United.
Mertens, who has scored five goals and helped each other in six games in all competitions so far this season, is in the final year of his current Serie A contract and is expected to become a free agent at the end of the season.
Rai Sport merchant expert Ciro Venerato previously reported that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side was interested in Mertens and, speaking to Voetbal Sport / Magazine, the 32-year-old said he was unsure about his future.
"I still don't know what my future will be," Mertens said. “My goal now is to have a very good season with Napoli. So let's see how things go. There is still some time left until the end of the season.
“Here at Napoli, I still have a seven-month contract. I don't know where I will play next season.
"Later this year, I will consider whether to renew my contract or not, but it is still too early. I am in no position to discard anything."
Elsewhere, United has also been associated with a move to Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic, with a report claiming to have revealed its asking price.