Date Posted: Friday 27 March 2020 8:40
Juventus striker Paulo Dybala says he feels "much better" and is ready to restart a training regime after the diagnosis of coronavirus.
The 26-year-old Argentine international announced last week that he and his girlfriend Oriana Sabatini had tested positive for the virus.
Although he said at the time that they both felt in "perfect condition", he suffered stronger symptoms that prevented him from exercising, but says he is now recovering.
In a video chat posted to Juve's Twitter account, he said: "I feel good, much better, after having experienced some strong symptoms for a few days.
“Today I feel much better, without symptoms and I can move much better, so I will try to train again.
"After trying on the days when the symptoms were strong, I felt uncomfortable very quickly and I couldn't breathe, so I couldn't do anything. After five minutes, I felt very tired and my body was heavy, my muscles ached and I had to stop.
"But luckily my girlfriend and I feel so much better now."
Dybala was the third Juve player to be positive for the virus, after defender Daniele Rugani and midfielder Blaise Matuidi.
– JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) March 27, 2020
The F365 Show is on hiatus until football returns. subscribe now ready for your glorious return. In the meantime, listen to the last episode of the Planet Football podcast in the 2000s, The Broken Metatarsal.