Home lifestyle Emmy commits gaffe with maestro photo still alive during posthumous tributes

banneraliexp

Emmy commits gaffe with maestro photo still alive during posthumous tributes

by ace
Emmy commits gaffe with maestro photo still alive during posthumous tributes

In the Emmy broadcast yesterday (23), the organization ended up committing a gaffe by placing the picture of a conductor still alive during the "in memorian" tribute, reminiscent of the artists who died last year.

Celebrating the career of four-time Oscar-winning and six-time Emmy nominee André Previn, who died in February of that year at the age of 89, the screen actually displayed Leonard Slatkin's picture.

Did the Emmy Awards In Memoriam just show a photo of the very much alive conductor Leonard Slatkin to honor the late Andre Previn? # Emmys2019 #Emmys #Unbelievable pic.twitter.com/gLyApWEYkM

– Hallie Swift (@HallieSwift) September 23, 2019

Leonardo is known for his work as conductor and serves as music director of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. In his Twitter, the conductor commented the occurrence: "André deserved more".

"I had the opportunity to introduce him when he received the (Kennedy Center Honor). Maybe he was paying me for some stories I told about him. Andre, R.I.P."

Wanted by TheWrap, Fox and TV Academy have not commented on the confusion.

I saw that @theemmys posted a photo of me "In Memoriam" rather than the intended Andre Previn. Andre deserved better. I had the opportunity to introduce him when he received the @KCHonors. Perhaps he was paying me back for a couple stories I told about him. Andre, R.I.P. pic.twitter.com/MDVX6H0igb

– Leonard Slatkin (@LeonardSlatkin) September 23, 2019

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

fifteen − fourteen =

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More